Business Development Manager
We strive to get the brightest minds in the industry that love their work. Spire Consulting Group, LLC’s cultural framework is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. At the heart, we focus on encouraging each employee’s career growth and opportunity and providing exemplary client results. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire is looking for a results-driven Business Development Manager to actively seek new business opportunities, engage, and build relationships with prospects fitting our Ideal Customer Profile (law firms, general contractors, and civil engineering firms). As a Business Development Manager, you will have an understanding of the construction industry to help fuel Spire’s growth. This candidate must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a “can do” attitude.
- Research market and individual prospects to identify potential customers. Determine client needs and evaluate company resources and capabilities.
- Contact potential prospects through cold calls, emails, and other forms of outreach
- Create company business development plans and goals in conjunction with the Director of Marketing
- Development the strategy for the management of client contacts regarding new work and future work potential
- Work with sales team to create and refine sales pitch for each of Spire’s service lines
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Keep company CRM (Salesforce) up-to-date with business development activities
- Report to Director of Business Development and Marketing with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results, utilizing company CRM (Salesforce) to pull reports
- Represent Spire’s company’s culture and service lines
- Prepare for and participate in industry organizations and conferences, as well as Spire hosted client events
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or at least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the AEC marketing, Business Development, or professional services sales
- Proven experience successfully performing sales/business development activities
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales prospecting techniques, including cold calling
- Track record of achieving sales goals
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- AEC industry experience strongly desired
- Proficiency with Salesforce required
- Experience with Pardot/Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions)
This is your chance to grow your career and have fun while you’re at it. When you join Spire, you do more than advance your career, you become part of the Spire family that drives innovation, passion, embrace change, and celebrates the wins of personal and company success.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.