Director of Marketing
We strive to get the brightest minds in the industry that love their work. Spire Consulting Group, LLC (Spire)’s cultural framework is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. At the heart, we focus on encouraging each employee’s career growth and opportunity and providing exemplary client results. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions, and sureties. The Director of Marketing and Business Development position is responsible for planning and implementing marketing and business development strategic initiatives targeted toward existing and new clients.
- Develops and implements the strategy for the entire marketing and sales funnel. Responsible for revenue forecasts to achieve corporate objectives.
- Responsible for sales/marketing operating budgets and profit/loss ratio. Takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of the department’s objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Guides preparation of marketing and sales activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and enhance marketing and sales programs.
- Acts as liaison between the marketing/business development department and other departments.
- Manage marketing/sales tools and technology (Salesforce, Marketing Cloud Account Engagement, G4).
- Promotes and refines value proposition, brand promise, and target market (Ideal Customer Profile) to improve the firm’s strategic position in the market.
- Owns the website strategy and content, as well as website lead generation and quality of leads.
- Plans and oversees branding, advertising, and promotional activities for both digital channels (SEO/SEM, social media, and email marketing) and traditional channels (print).
- Manages digital marketing agency for SEO/SEM initiatives.
- Oversees and evaluates market research, utilizing the research to adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Assesses that potential pursuits are in line with the firm’s strategic positioning and goals.
- Manages pre-sales team to define strategy and content for client deliverables and events.
- Assists with client deliverables (qualifications, proposals, presentations, etc.) preparation and efforts, including assisting with go/no-go decisions.
- Oversees the planning of conferences, tradeshows, proposal meetings (some), debriefs (some), and other events as needed. Attends events when senior leadership is required.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key clients, industry influencers, and strategic partners.
- Leads bi-weekly sales meetings to assess company’s pipeline health and holds 1:1’s with sales team to work on each individual’s pipeline.
- Manages business development team for prospecting and nurturing activities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Marketing preferred or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience.
- 10+ years of related experience with significant Marketing management and B2B experience preferred.
- Has total management responsibility for corporate sales and marketing, including strategic planning and business development coordination.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible, and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a strong entrepreneurial drive and the desire to continually enhance professional capabilities.
- Have strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail, and exceptional analytic abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Be open to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Be willing to attend continuing education seminars and conferences.
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions)
This is your chance to grow your career and have fun while you’re at it. When you join Spire, you do more than advance your career, you become part of the Spire family that drives innovation, passion, embraces change, and celebrates the wins of personal and company success. Find the job you love – join Spire.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.