- Project Controls
- Project Management
- Dispute Resolution
- Construction Advisory
Director of Construction Dispute Resolution
At Spire Consulting Group, we strive to get the brightest and most passionate minds in the industry. We promote and live our culture, which is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. We have created an environment where thought leaders excel, and we take a personal interest in our employees’ professional development and growth. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire is currently seeking a Director of Construction Dispute Resolution.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions and sureties. Spire is currently seeking a Director of Construction Dispute Resolution to oversee the department nationwide. The Director role is a rare opportunity for someone who is passionate about leading and managing the dispute resolution team of an established firm.
This person will be responsible for leading the entire dispute resolution function for the firm, including the entrepreneurial strategy for growing the practice. The Director will provide a high level of expertise in either schedule delay and disruption analyses, loss in labor productivity studies, damage quantification and/or forensic accounting. In addition to providing technical expertise, the Director will manage the department, including profit and loss, hiring/mentoring personnel, client management, developing processes and procedures and will serve as a testifying expert as needed.
- Develop and manage strategic objectives and tactics for the Construction Dispute Resolution department
- Manage career development and identification of hiring needs
- Oversee Construction Dispute Resolution profit and loss
- Lead business development efforts for the department
- Manage claims and expert witness engagements
- Develop processes and procedures
- Serve as a testifying expert and manage a team of testifying experts
- Contribute advisory and expert services in legal proceedings
- Visit client sites as needed
- Develop scope of work and budgets for clients’ projects
- Train and mentor dispute resolution staff
- Present at industry organizations/seminars
- Write and review industry publications
- Leadership – Demonstrate leadership within the firm and industry
- Entrepreneurship – Lead the department to achieve firm objectives
- Passion – Inspire and motivate the team to advance the firm and industry
- Cultural Alignment – Lead the firm’s overall culture and set an example of living core values
- Technical Knowledge – Demonstrate full knowledge of various technical analyses within the department and ability to manage the execution of such analyses
- Effective Communication – Simplify complex information and present it in a concise manner, effectively communicate internally (with teams) and externally (with clients)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry
- Prior expert witness testimony experience
- Professional certification(s) PE, CFCC, PSP, PMP, CCP, CPA and/or CEP preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and common CRM platforms
- Proficiency in standard industry recommended practices, guidelines, and tools that align with expertise such as Primavera P6, RS Means, Deltek, Procore, Quickbooks, Timberline, Microsoft Project, etc.
Spire Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and 7 observed holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events