We strive to get the brightest minds in the industry that love their work. Spire Consulting Group, LLC (Spire)’s cultural framework is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. At the heart, we focus on encouraging each employee’s career growth and opportunity and providing exemplary client results. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions and sureties. Spire is currently seeking an Associate Principal – Claims & Litigation to assist with a variety of construction consulting projects.
CLAIMS & LITIGATION SERVICES
- Analyze, develop and prepare claims by evaluating project planning, costs, schedules, construction-related claims and quantification of damages in the areas of standard of care, schedule delay and acceleration, productivity loss, late and/or excessive changes, deficient drawings and specifications, and due diligence.
- Provide expert verbal testimony regarding matters related to cost, schedule, construction management and construction defects.
- Cost related construction defect analysis.
- Review and analyze construction contracts.
- Prepare reports and presentations for expert witness use during mediation, arbitration & litigation.
- Develop graphics and demonstrative aids.
- Perform industry and legal research.
- QA/QC (consistency, formatting, fact checking for reports).
- Provide pre-construction support to owners.
- Provide program / construction management services.
- Generation and evaluation of construction cost estimates.
- Perform quantity take offs for preparation of detailed cost estimates.
- Prepare conceptual level cost estimates.
- Prepare and review/analyze change orders.
- Perform QA/QC on cost estimates prepared by others.
- Construction cost estimate review and validation
- Responsible for revenue generation.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Support business development with preparation of proposed scope of work, budgeted hours, resource allocation and work plan as needed.
- Provide project progress updates to management.
- Manage team members and delegate tasks.
- Coordinate with clients to set up meetings & interviews.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Excellent organization skills, strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization with minimal supervision required.
- Excel at developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Be comfortable developing and presenting material at industry speaking engagements.
- Be self-starting and able to work extended periods with limited supervision.
- Be interested in the opportunity to establish a long-term presence in the market.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction or related discipline.
- Have consulting experience.
- Have 10 to 15 years of engineering, construction or related experience.
- Have at least five years’ experience performing claims/ litigation support services.
- Have experience with large scale (greater than $50 million) construction projects.
- Hold a master’s degree in engineering, construction or related discipline.
- Have testified as an expert witness.
- Have at least five years’ experience performing cost estimating services.
- Have at least five years’ experience performing program / construction management services.
- Hold or be interested in acquiring professional certifications within areas of expertise (PE, CCE, PMP a plus but not required).
PREFERRED SERVICE FOCUS
- Primary – Claims / litigation.
- Secondary – Project/Construction Management
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions).
This is your chance to grow your career and have fun while you’re at it. When you join Spire, you do more than advance your career, you become part of the Spire family that drives innovation, passion, embrace change, and celebrates the wins of personal and company success.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.