We strive to get the brightest minds in the industry that love their work. Spire Consulting Group, LLC (Spire)’s cultural framework is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. At the heart, we focus on encouraging each employee’s career growth and opportunity and providing exemplary client results. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions and sureties. Spire is currently seeking a Senior Estimator.
This person is responsible for preparing preliminary budgets, milestone cost estimates, and final bid scope/pricing proposals for various types of commercial construction jobs, including: General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build, Civil, and Building Maintenance Services. The Senior Estimator builds effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers, and subcontractors. The Senior Estimator oversees job-specific project teams.
- Review, evaluate, and prepare estimates with the necessary level of detail for all design stages:
- Program/Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Review, evaluate, and prepare quantity take-offs and estimated costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract from simple to complex. Prepare quantity take-offs and estimates in detail for self-performed work (Selective demolition, Concrete, steel erection, carpentry, etc.)
- Evaluate labor pricing/production for specific projects and/or locations; demonstrate proficiency in material, labor, sub and equipment pricing for all trade disciplines.
- Assist with maintaining the estimating cost database to ensure costs are up to date and assemble general conditions estimates for review by Operations Manager.
- Prepare Estimate Action List; establish responsibilities and make assignments to estimating team members; coordinate and supervise work; establish schedule for completion of tasks to meet project requirements.
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Work with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Ensure that all work items from scope review are included in estimate and that cost trail from bids to Bid Package Scope Analysis Worksheets to estimate is clear and correct.
- Prepare clear, properly formatted, Bid Package Scope Analysis Worksheets; review Bid Analysis Worksheets prepared by others for coordination.
- Lead estimate presentations and explain project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leader who has excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Familiarity with current cost estimating software such as Timberline, Sage or similar.
- Familiarity with horizontal and vertical construction execution methodology.
- Thorough understanding of project logistics and project schedules.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
- Strong knowledge of standard estimating practices.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills.
- Comfortable in public presentations and project interviews.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Self-starter and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization with minimal supervision required.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, possess a strong entrepreneurial drive and the desire to continually enhance professional capabilities.
- Have strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional analytic abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Be open to travel on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years construction experience.
- Significant knowledge and experience on CM/GC, Design Build projects, and complex competitive bid projects.
- Proven track record of success working internally with an operations team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions)
This is your chance to grow your career and have fun while you’re at it. When you join Spire, you do more than advance your career, you become part of the Spire family that drives innovation, passion, embrace change, and celebrates the wins of personal and company success.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.