Managing Construction Consultant
We strive to get the brightest minds in the industry that love their work. Spire Consulting Group, LLC (Spire)’s cultural framework is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. At the heart, we focus on encouraging each employee’s career growth and opportunity and providing exemplary client results. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions and sureties. Spire is currently seeking Managing Consultants to assist with a variety of construction consulting projects.
- Management of multiple simultaneous claims consulting, cost estimating consulting, and program management/construction management (PMCM) efforts
- Analyze, develop and prepare claims by evaluating project planning, costs, schedules, construction-related claims and quantification of damages in the areas of standard of care, schedule delay and acceleration, productivity loss, late and/or excessive changes, deficient drawings and specifications, and due diligence
- Support business development with preparation of proposed scope of work, budgeted hours, resource allocation and work plan as needed.
- Provide expert verbal testimony regarding matters related to cost, schedule, construction management and construction defects
- Generation, evaluation, review, and validation of construction claims and construction cost estimates
- Cost related construction defect analysis
- Lender acquisition and due diligence evaluations
- Claims analysis and preparation
- Risk evaluation and recommendations
- Development and review of technical reports
- Have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Have a diverse industry background to include industrial, healthcare, transportation, education, residential and commercial
- Have a proven track record for managing multiple projects consisting of diverse team members to successful completion
- Have a firm grasp on standard claims management, cost estimating, and approaches, methodology and techniques
- Be proficient with standard industry software and resources such as P6, Timberline, RS Means, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Hold or be interested in acquiring professional certifications (PE, CCE, CCP, etc.) within areas of expertise
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Self-starter and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization with minimal supervision required.
- Able to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Experience or ability to learn standard industry tools such as primavera, timberline, rs means and ms project
- Demonstrate leadership, possess a strong entrepreneurial drive and the desire to continually enhance professional capabilities
- Have strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail and exceptional analytic abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting required goals and deadlines
- Be open to travel on an as needed basis
- Be willing to attend continuing education seminars and conferences
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction or related discipline
- A plus but not required Master’s degree in engineering, construction or related discipline; bachelor’s degree may be accepted with project experience
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions).
This is your chance to grow your career and have fun while you’re at it. When you join Spire, you do more than advance your career, you become part of the Spire family that drives innovation, passion, embrace change, and celebrates the wins of personal and company success. Find the job you love- join Spire.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.