Director of Construction Advisory
At Spire Consulting Group, we strive to get the brightest and most passionate minds in the industry. We promote and live our culture, which is built on integrity, value, dedication, and team. We have created an environment where thought leaders excel, and we take a personal interest in our employees’ professional development and growth. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ‘ensure a vision becomes a reality’ for clients and employees alike. Spire has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. So, why take a job when you can live an adventure?
Spire is currently seeking a Director of Construction Advisory.
Spire Consulting Group, LLC is an established, multi-disciplined construction management and engineering consulting firm serving owners, general contractors, attorneys, financial institutions and sureties. Spire is currently seeking a Director of Construction Advisory to oversee the department nationwide. The Director role is a rare opportunity for someone who is passionate about leading and managing the construction advisory team of an established firm.
This is a unique opportunity to build an advisory practice throughout the United States as this person is responsible for leading the entire construction advisory group for the firm, including the entrepreneurial strategy for growing the practice. The Director will provide a high level of expertise in management consulting, contracts, risk management, due diligence, process development & audit, performance & productivity improvement, disaster prevention & relief, planning and construction training. In addition to providing technical expertise, the Director will manage the operations of the department, including profit and loss, procedures, guidelines, business development, clients, employees, and engagement management within the business unit.
- Develop and manage strategic objectives and tactics for the Construction Advisory department and ensure accuracy of all plans and timelines
- Manage budgets for each strategy, tactic, and initiative along with departmental budget, expenses, and profitability
- Oversee Construction Advisory profit and loss
- Review and approve invoicing and ensure timely collections
- Create and maintain positive relationships with clients by proactively assessing needs, identifying opportunities, and problem-solving
- Manage relationships with independent contractors and ensure compliance
- Track project work in progress budgets/expenditures and oversee staff members’ hours, utilization, labor efficiency and contribution margin
- Communicate effectively with clients and Spire staff in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Participate in business strategy by identifying innovative internal procedures and ensuring their success
- Ensure work products conform to highest quality standards; develop and enforce best practices.
- Manage Construction Advisory Department, including career development, supervision of staff, and identification of hiring needs.
- Leadership – Demonstrate leadership within the firm and industry
- Entrepreneurship – Lead the department to achieve firm objectives
- Passion – Inspire and motivate the team to advance the firm and industry
- Cultural Alignment – Lead the firm’s overall culture and set an example of living core values
- Technical Knowledge – Demonstrate full knowledge of various technical analyses within the department and ability to manage the execution of such analyses
- Effective Communication – Simplify complex information and present it in a concise manner, effectively communicate internally (with teams) and externally (with clients)
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline; Bachelor’s degree may be accepted with relevant experience.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry
- Professional certification(s) PE, CFCC, PSP, PMP, CCP and/or CEP are preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and common CRM platforms
- Proficiency in standard industry recommended practices, guidelines, and tools that align with expertise such as Primavera P6, RS Means, Deltek, Procore, Quickbooks, Timberline, Microsoft Project, etc.
Spire Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match up to 6%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Community service opportunities
- Company social events / outings (including company retreat, happy hours, concerts, bowling, and many other fun excursions)