Standard of Care
In all disputes, Spire Consulting Group is equipped to identify and evaluate the conduct and performance of all responsible parties in order to determine if the appropriate professional construction industry standard of care has been provided. In resolving such disputes, we seek to answer the following questions:
- Do the plans and specifications adequately define quantity, configuration, and quality?
- Are the documents suitable to execute their intended purpose whether it be pricing, bidding, or construction?
- Have the construction industry’s Standards of Reasonable Care been met?
- Has the contract been properly administered for the purpose of construction?
Professional Standard of Care Experts
In addressing concerns over whether the proper professional standard of care in construction was given to a project, Spire has the experience to perform this type of analysis. We can serve as testifying experts as to whether a party met the project’s standard of care requirements.
Determining whether one party did or did not meet the standard of care requirements of a contract can be a challenging task. It requires experts with both personal experiences executing projects and extensive knowledge of industry standards and practices. Spire’s experts have experience across a broad range of industries for projects executed worldwide. As a full-service firm, we have experience in project management, design practices, construction management, and project controls for all phases of a project, from initial development through closeout. As independent consultants, we are unbiased in our evaluation of each party’s performance. We can evaluate the contract requirements, proposed practices, and actual performance of the various parties to assess whether they complied with the standards required by the contract as well as industry standards.
Spire’s approach to assessing Standard of Care issues includes the following steps:
- Understanding the contract requirements for processes and performance in the areas of focus for the dispute, including references to external industry standards or requirements;
- Evaluating project scope and the commitments made by each party in the contracting process;
- Understanding how the parties actually performed during the execution of the project through review of project documentation, including correspondence, transmittals, schedules, resources, payments, and other aspects of the project; and
- Analyzing whether the parties met the standard of care requirements in comparing the actual performance against contract and industry-standard requirements.
Whether you are an owner, program manager, contractor, architect, subcontractor, construction manager, or attorney, Spire’s consultants are equipped to provide the insight necessary to ensure the success of your litigation strategy.
To learn more about our services analyzing Standard of Care in construction, contact us today.